If you want to pay for a company to 3d print your .stl files for you, there are many options. Below, we describe how to have your parts printed by a well known and reasonably priced 3d printing services company, Shapeways.
Remember, your results may vary, and if your file has unexpected errors or if elements of your design are too small, the company may not be able to print your part or you might not get back what you expected. Be sure to carefully review your design and ask a second person to inspect it for you before sending it to be printed.
1. Go to shapeways.com
2.Click “Get a Quote”
3. Click “Join”
4. Create an account
5. Select the file or files you want to print from your computer
6. Select the material you want your part printed in (versatile plastic is cheapest; if each part costs more than $20 in versatile plastic then you may need to ensure that the units you are exporting from Tinkercad match those indicated when choosing your model in Step 5)
7. Choose your preferences for color and surface finish. These settings can affect the final price, as indicated next to each selection.
8. Use the preview in the left column to verify that the size matches what you expect
9.Double-check the price and quantity and click “Add to Cart”
10. Choose to add another model or click “Checkout”
11. Enter your payment info and click “Continue”
12. Review the purchase and complete once verified
13. Expect at least a 3-week wait for your order to arrive