Saving Progress and Completing a Level
Fuse is designed on a leveling up model, like video games. Challenges start with an easy level 1, and get more challenging as the levels progress. To unlock a new level, FUSE users Level Up by uploading evidence of their work with the Complete button at the bottom of any challenge page. They can also upload project files which allow them to continue working where they left off with the Save button.
FUSE uses a File Picker that allows users to bring in files from a range of sources, including:
- A PC, Mac, or Chromebook
- A Google Drive Account
- Your computers on-board camera and microphone
Users can save or complete with a wide range of file types including image files, code files, videos, audio files and 3D models.
We also offer a Mobile Uploader tool, which allows users to capture video or photos on their phones or tablets (to record progress on Laser Defender, Solar Roller or Coaster Boss, for example) and use a code to add that evidence directly into FUSE.
How to Use the Save and Complete Buttons
1. Choose a file that you want to save or submit as evidence of completion. You can choose a file already saved on your computer, you can snap a photo from your computers webcam, or you can record audio or video. You can also provide a .url or a code from the Mobile Uploader tool.
2. After selecting a file you are given the option to rename it.
3. From there, you can choose to "Add More" files that you want to save or click "Continue."
4. On the last screen you can add any Teammates to the Save or Complete and write any notes before clicking the "Submit" button.