Welcome to FUSE!
Let's get your new studio all set up!
Hooray! Your FUSE materials have arrived! This page has some great info to help you with the following:
- Unpacking and inventorying your boxes
- Organizing and storing the kits
- Prepping the kits for use (this one’s pretty easy)
Let’s start with those kits…
- Unboxing and inventorying kits
First let’s unbox and inventory the kits to make sure you received everything. The link below will take you to a document outlining everything that should be in those boxes.
Once you've made sure that you have all of the boxes, you're set to go. If you like, you can use the guide below to inventory all of the individual items in the boxes. If you find that you’re missing something please reach out to us on the #help channel on Slack or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Organizing and storing kits
As you can see there are a lot of kits and small pieces in FUSE. We’ve found that implementing thoughtful strategies and systems for managing these materials can really help prevent some major headaches down the line. Here are a couple of guiding principles for organizing and storing your kits:
- Kits should be easily accessible to students.
- Kits should be grouped by challenge (ex: all LED Color Lights kits together)
- Storage area should be labeled
- Materials should not be too crowded
For some more ideas on kit management check out this article.