What's new and why the update?
Starting today, if you're a Create or Innovate level user, you'll see a new challenge in your challenge gallery: VR Escape Room 2.0!
You might be surprised that we've already updated VR Escape Room. It may feel like someone just brought you a cake, then shouted "Wait," ran back to the kitchen, and brought out another cake.
That's how we hope it feels.
Our mission is to make challenges that match the interests of students and are on-ramps to technology. To do that, we listen to your feedback, and the data from the challenges.
Here's what you and the data told us:
- The VR Escape Room trailer appealed more to students who identified themselves as male.
- The first level of VR Escape Room had a very steep learning curve.
So here's what we changed:
- VR Escape Room 2.0 has a trailer designed to appeal to everyone!
- The first level of VR Escape Room 2.0 has a more gentle learning curve.
- The new second level of VR Escape Room 2.0 allows students to add 3D text and lighting.
- The redesign of levels one and two means VR Escape Room has not four levels, but five!
What do I need to do?
All you need to do is let your students know that FUSE will retire the original VR Escape Room at 12:00am CST, January 2nd, 2019. After that, the original VR Escape Room will no longer appear in your tool kit or challenge gallery.
If you want to make the transition early, you can! All you need to do is go to the My Challenge Management tab in the Toolkit section of the site.
Switch off VR Escape Room then Switch on VR Escape Room 2.0.
Nice work! Now your studio is ready for the future of virtual reality!