We’re pumped to be releasing a new challenge this fall that is cutting edge, highly technical, and super fun all at the same time. VR Escape Room challenges students to use HTML coding to create custom virtual reality environments that their peers can explore on any mobile device. Here is a video explaining the challenge and what you need to know about it.
What you need to know:
- Available to any schools at the Create or Innovate level
- Chromebook compatible
- Facilitators need to create studio accounts for Glitch (do that here)
- Necessary hardware: Mobile devices*, Cardboard headsets**
*A word on mobile devices:
Although students can interact with their VR environments on a computer browser but the real magic happens when they can use a mobile device. Now, we know this gets tricky, so here are some suggestions:
- Have students use their own devices (if policy allows)
- Bring in an old phone and connect it to your wifi network
- Use a shared iPad or tablet (obviously you won’t need the cardboard headsets if you go this route)
**A word on cardboard headsets
Schools in the 2018 cohort of new FUSE schools should have received cardboard headsets in their kits. Any other schools can choose to purchase headsets from FUSE or buy them directly from any other vendor (hint: they're pretty cheap on Amazon).